Our mission at the GET Academy is not only to provide a top-notch initial teacher training course for you, one that is all encompassing from both the theoretical side of EFL and the practical skills needed to be an effective teacher in the classroom, but also to support, nurture and guide you, the student teacher, through this life-changing experience at the GET Academy.
However, we also know that real life can get in the way sometimes and finances can be a burden! Therefore, in order to bring you one step closer to your dream of becoming a qualified and experienced EFL teacher, we have scholarship options available.
If you are interested in applying for our scholarship, then please select one of the following essay topics. The essay should be minimum 500 words long, typed and submitted as a PDF to the Admissions Team, after your first interview.
- ‘You are only one decision away from the rest of your life’. How does this quote currently resonate with you? What has led you to choose becoming an EFL teacher?
- Who has inspired you to go into teaching? Was it an inspiring teacher from your childhood? A parent who encouraged you to broaden your horizons?
- English is seen as a ‘lingua franca’. In your opinion, do you think it is important to have a second language? How can having a second language be a benefit?
- In your opinion, what does mean to be a ‘teacher’? Is teaching merely about imparting knowledge or is there more to it than that?
- Scholarship covers course fees (accommodation fees or any other fees are not covered under the fee-waiver).
- There will be one scholarship awarded per course.
- The scholarship task will be submitted post academic interview.
- Scholarships will not be awarded based on a financial means basis, but rather on submission of one of the above essay titles (provided the candidate has followed all the guidelines).
- The successful candidate will be notified after the closing date of applications for the course in question.